Thursday, November 09, 2006

Remember


WOSN-Interview, originally uploaded by Lovewine.

Here's Polara Pat giving an interview to Shaw Cable while we were at Thunder Mtn Raceway this summer. Since he is the most charismatic member of the WOSN race team it seemed fitting to have him do the talking. We all stood by and snickered but Pat handled the situation like a true professional.

It is really nearing the time for me to take my wagon off the road for the winter. I'm saving it for this Rememberance Day. I'll be driving it out to an event at the BBI pub in Balfour where a group of us go to every year(3rd annual). All the local vets and many other folks gather there and it becomes the local Legion. $10 gets you all you can drink noon til 5pm and then there's a big feast. The pipe band plays right in the bar and man is it ever loud! They hand out song sheets to everyone and we all sing along. They always make us feel welcome and that's what keeps us going back. It reminds me of my grandparents. My grampa was in WW II and I just can't imagine the things that were seen and done during any war. Remember....

No comments: