Saturday, December 20, 2008

The tree


The tree, originally uploaded by Lovewine / Graham jones.

So with less than a week until Xmas we thought it was about time to get the tree up.....well maybe not straight up since it seems to lean a little. Not bad for 9.99 at Superstore. Usually we go and find a tree in the forest and bring it home but what about all the trees that are made just for Xmas that don't get to have a home? This is the first scotch pine Xmas tree we've had and it seems a little hard to hang ornaments on...all the needles point towards the end of the branch so the ornaments slide off easily.

When I was a kid my Gramma would buy ornaments for me every year and I managed to amass quite a collection.

Yay rum and eggnog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tree, Lovewine.. I think the way it looks is really interesting and more natural than the "perfect" ones you see sometimes!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Graham Jones said...

Thanks....I've always gone for the more Charlie Brown-ish type trees.

Happy Xmas back at you.